WRAP defines Quick Wins as construction specification, product or material that offers the opportunity to increase recycled content beyond current average practice, and:
- Is cost-competitive to procure and install within a construction scheme.
- Satisfies the conditions of being technically acceptable.
- Meets the required level of performance.
- Has a reliable supply and availability.
- Ideally, demonstrates strong environmental credentials, or at least does not introduce significant environmental penalties relative to conventional alternatives.
Quick Win options also include in-situ and ex-situ techniques for re-using waste materials (e.g. from highways maintenance - “turning roads back into roads”) that are commercially available, technologically proven and offer financial and performance advantages over conventional construction methods.
The following WRAP guidance documents provide details of those specifications, products or materials that have been identified as Quick Wins.
WRAP's Evaluation Tool for Recycled Content in Construction Projects should be used to identify where to use Quick Wins to maximise the recycled content of new constructions.